FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is there a bag policy?
- Yes. In an effort to enhance the safety & security of our guests & employees EFFECTIVE JUNE 2021 BAGS ARE NOT PERMITTED. Victory Raceway will no longer allow bags such as backpacks, fanny packs, crossbody bags, and other similar bags in the building. ONLY the following bags will be permitted: clear bags, helmet bags, small women’s purses and clutch/wristlets no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”. Exceptions will be made for medical bags and diaper bags with a child. Victory Raceway reserves the right to inspect all bags and packages entering the building.
Do I have to bring my own go kart?
- No. We provides state-of-the-art 18–20 horsepower karts for adults and 10 horsepower karts for junior racers. Our karts reach speeds up to 45 miles per hour for adults and 20 miles per hour for kids.
What is the difference between electric- and gas-powered karts?
- Electric and gas-powered karts are identical in nearly every way, except for the power source. We choose to run three classes of electric gokarts because of better acceleration, more consistent performance, and quieter, cleaner operation than gas-powered engines.
Are their special safety requirements?
- Drivers must wear close-toed shoes. We provide drivers with proper safety helmets that must be worn while seated in their kart. No other safety gear is required. All drivers must be able to operate the karts safely. We do not recommend racing if you are pregnant, have back or neck injuries, or suffer from epilepsy.
Do I have to have a Driver's License or sign a waiver to race?
- Drivers do not have to have a driver's license. Every racer must sign a waiver. If the racer is under the age of 18 years old, a parent or guardian over 18 has to sign the waiver for them. You can complete the waiver online HERE.
Can I bring my own helmet?
- Absolutely. It must be a full-face Snell/DOT approved with visor, and dirt helmets must have goggles with Lexan lenses. Street helmets must include a face shield, and any motocross-style helmets must also be worn with the rider’s own goggles with Lexan lenses. If the certification sticker has been removed from the helmet surface, it will not be allowed.
May I use a Go-Pro mounted camera?
- Yes. We recommend using a jaw clamp bracket to attach your camera to our karts. This method keeps your camera safe and less likely to come loose on the track. Victory Raceway is not responsible for damaged items if they fall onto the track while racing.
Are there special requirements for kids?
- All racers must be at least 6 years old and a minimum of 50" tall. If your child is between the 48"-52" mark, we recommend bringing your child in to get seated in a kart to see if they can safely reach the pedals. We do not have double-seater karts, so every racer must drive their own kart. Some kids are more legs, and some kids are more torso. So just because they may be 50-51" tall, they may still be able to not reach the pedals safely. It is up to our discretion to allow kids to race or not due to safety and height. All racers must be able to operate the karts safely. Racers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a minor release liability form.
Do you have two-seater karts?
- No. We try to provide the most authentic racing experience we can. All racers must safely be able to drive their own kart.
How many drivers can race at one time?
- We can put up to 12 drivers on the track at the same time depending on kart availability.
What types of races do you offer? How fast do the karts go?
- We have 3 different speeds of racing to accommodate the different ages of our racers. We schedule races in 10 minute intervals. As we offer three different speeds of racing a guest who arrives after you may be able to get on the track sooner if they are in a race speed/type that was already scheduled prior to your race speed/type. We schedule on a first come, first serve basis.
- Rookie Race: Our entry level race is for ages 6 years old to 13 years old and also for parents/family members who would like to race alongside the children in their group. Rookie races run at approximately 25 mph and are 8 laps on our ¼ mile track. Racers should expect to have a mixture of adults and children in their race. These races are all about fun, not competition.
- Amateur Race: This intermediate level race is for 14 and 15 years old. It is also recommended for adults who are a bit apprehensive about traveling at full speed in our high performance karts. Racers travel at approximately 35 mph and travel 10 laps on our ¼ mile track.
- Pro Race: Our high performance races are for ages 16 years and up. This race runs at approximately 45 mph and racers run 12 laps on our ¼ mile rack. At this speed racers need to be able to coordinate the use of brakes before turning and follow a proper racing line. The track staff will provide racers with information to help understand how to operate our karts at high speeds.
Is there a weight limit for the karts?
- Due to the build of the karts we have a weight limit of 300 pounds.
Do you offer reservations?
- Yes. You can book your races online HERE. These races are public races and require payment to reserve, and can be booked up to 2 hours in advance. We also offer private group reservations for groups of 8 or more Monday - Thursday, and groups of 10 or more Friday - Sunday. All group reservations require a 50% deposit to reserve race times and a 48 hour notice to book (up to our discretion). It is highly recommended that you book a group event if you will have 10 or more. You won’t ever have to wait for a track time and you will only race with the people in your group. Without a reservation for a large group, you will “Arrive and Drive,” or in other words, you will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
Can I rent the track for a private funtion or corporate event?
- Yes. Please visit our Corporate Events page for more info on racing packages and renting our facility.
Do I need to pay an entry fee, even if I am not racing?
- No. Spectators get to watch for free!
Are outside food and drink permitted?
- No. The exception being for pre-booked parties and events where an outside dessert is permitted. You can see a list of our catering options HERE.